Saturday, November 15, 2008

little energy

I have very little energy these days. This new baby is not being kind to me. I am sick all day, with it getting worse around 4pm every day, like clockwork. I don't have the energy to post pics (sorry Sue and Libby).

We had a rough day today. Dan has had a busy week with interviews going on at the family clinic. He has been home late due to one thing or another and he had to work again this morning. He was due home around 12pm, but wasn't. It never fails that he's gone on my worst days. I was very ill this morning and Hannah was very hyper. She needed me to run around and play rough, which I can't do when I feel like I'm going to vomit at any moment and have a splitting headache. SO, with her not understanding my pleas for calm quiet play, we had several meltdowns and temper tantrums. At nap time, finally, she threw a fit about putting pants on. Not a fight I would usually take on except it was very cold in the house today and I knew she would just wake up cold and cry for me and not go back to sleep. During the struggle to put her pants on I had enough and slapped her on her bare thigh. She stopped immediately, starting crying pathetically and said "No, Mommy, don't hit me" with tears running down her face. We had a little talk about spanking and hitting and why you have to follow directions, etc. I got her to lay down and cried for hours. I've never felt bad about popping her before, but it was her reaction to it that got to me. I feel bad that I'm not my usual patient self. I feel really bad and I know that she is getting the short end of it lately. I really hope this phase passes quickly. I will know how far along I am next Friday and I'll know a little better how much longer this sickness may last. On a good note, when she's not throwing fits and driving me insane, Hannah is being very sweet and asking me if I'm ok and giving me hugs and kisses and making sure I eat snacks. She's always asking, "Mommy, you so happy?". She then says, "I'm so happy first".

Dan will be home most of the day tomorrow and I will really try to post some recent pics.

3 comments:

Three Peas said...

i hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Do you have anything to take for the nausea? Ask your doctor about Zofran (Odansetron?) if you're not already taking it. Zofran has always been my miracle drug with pregnancy nausea and vomiting. I have some extra if you need a few to get you by until your next appointment. Unfortunately, I'm still needing a little bit each day with this pregnancy. yuk! I feel for you!

The Doctors Wife said...

Oh, I have so been there. It can only get better right?