Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Salma Hayek is my hero!

I was given this link by a friend and it made me cry. Salma Hayek nursed a starving baby in Africa while she was there. She shares a story about her Great-grandmother doing the same thing and it is very touching.

http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/02/10/salma-hayek-breast-feeds-a-hungry-african-babe/?icid=200100397x1218985984x1201212187

I love how she treats it so naturally and is not camera shy. I love it when mothers are not ashamed of nursing and are able to show how natural and beautiful it truly is.

2 comments:

Three Peas said...

that's awesome! it's great to see that someone in tinseltown has a conscience for once!

The Doctors Wife said...

I clicked the link you provided and the video is no longer available there but I was able to find more about it at http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=Salma%20Hayek%20breastfeeding&type=

I am one who was unable to breast feed do to complications but am happy that there are mothers out there who can and do breastfeed beyond the first 6 months.