Monday, February 2, 2009

No more fruit!

Hannah is very sensitive to fruit. It makes her really gassy. I have to really limit her fruit intake. She LOVES fruit so much, that if I keep it stocked in the fridge, that's all she wants to eat. Well, last night we went to a SuperBowl party which was really a get together with my Bible Study group and a play time for the kids. The men watched the game in another room. A great big thanks to Julie and Josh for hosting.

Anyway, Hannah ate lots of pears, and grapes and drank apple juice. I knew she was eating a lot, but I figured it was no big deal, she would be fine, etc. Last night I put her to bed without issue. Around 10:30, she wakes up screaming. I go to her, she wants Dan, Dan comes in and neither of us can comfort her. She was screaming with terrible gas pain until 1:30am. Poor baby was in so much pain nothing could comfort her. I even resorted to trying to nurse her after 1hr of non-stop crying. She tried, but got mad and started crying "milkies all gone". I guess my milk is dried up finally. Poor baby could not get comfortable. She fell asleep on my lap for about 30min from 12 - 12:30am, then woke up screaming again. After she finally fell asleep in her crib, it was a huge relief. She woke up at her regular 9:30am and had a pretty good morning, although obviously exhausted. She started haveing pains again and once I could comfort her we laid down for an early nap time. I'm happy to report she is sleeping quietly at the moment. I'm going to try to get a small nap too to recover from last night.

From now on, I need to really limit her access to fruit, especially different kinds at one sitting. Poor thing, she loves fruit so much, but it just does not agree with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's so sad! I'm sorry you had such a rough night. Hope you get some rest today.