Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Little Mermaid and Bedtime

I've never really liked Disney movies and the messages they send to young girls. However, The Little Mermaid is an all time favorite of mine so I let Hannah watch it. I didn't think we would have issues at 2.5yrs. Well, I was wrong. Last night, I asked Hannah for a kiss and she came at me with her head tilted to the side and her mouth open. I said, that's not how we kiss Mommy. Who kisses like that? She says, little mermaid kisses. Well, great! Now I've got to figure out how to get her to stop doing that.

Last night, Hannah was put down around 9pm for bedtime. At 11pm, she was still playing/singing in her crib. Dan went to her door to listen to what she was saying. She was in her crib rehearsing her many excuses and stall tactics. Dan overheard her saying, "my head hurts. my finger hurts. my foot hurts. my ear hurts." etc, etc, etc. We just about died laughing! She is so funny. She is really good at getting us to come in her room with her fake crying and excuses for kissing her boo-boos. I guess she sits in bed at night and rehearses her "act".

2 comments:

Mary said...

That is hilarious! Smart little girl!

Unknown said...

Thank you for that story! It totally made my night!