Thursday, January 29, 2009

A few things

First, a small update on me. I'm still having a tough time with this pregnancy. Good news is that the baby is GREAT! It's just Mommy that's having a rough time of it lately. After my stomach bug went away, I started having other feminine/pregnancy issues that cause me to stay off my feet as much as possible. Not fun at all; the house is a disaster. If you can imagine having a 2.5yo running around the house with an immobile Mommy and a Daddy with one broken foot, you can imagine how things can get out of hand quickly. Dan has really been stepping up to help, even on one foot, but he's been doing too much. So, today, a friend is running to the store for us (Keren, you are a life saver!) and I am hiring our babysitter to take out the trash and shovel the driveway/sidewalk. Dan has been doing these things, but he's really pushing it on one foot. It stinks to have 2 handicapped parents, but this too shall pass.

As for Hannah, she is rare form lately. She has been so good. She's been sweet and kind and taking care of us for a change. We both feel badly when we have to tell her we can't do something. It's sad when she asks, "but why?". Dan managed to play in the snow with her the other night and last night, when I couldn't put her in the back carrier, she carried her babies on her back instead. I finally have pictures to post. Yay! Enjoy! I put them at the bottom.

A couple of funny Hannah moments:
The other night when my problems got bad and I was laying in bed, I explained to her that she had to either lay next to me in bed and not get up, or go watch a movie with Daddy and not get up. She chose a movie with Daddy - Nemo to be exact. On the way out of the room, she covered me with a blanket, put her babies beside me, gave me a kiss and turned off the light. I told her, "Hannah, you are the best girl." She replied, "I know!"

When I had to go to the ER Tuesday night, she came with us and walked around with Dan and met all of the Drs and nurses. She was, again, the best girl. I thought I was hiding from her what was wrong with me. I just told her Mommy didn't feel well. Well, she's too smart for me. At one point she crawled up on the cot with me, laid downa and asked for a shot. We asked why, what's wrong and she answered, "I need a shot for my tushie, like Mommy". Boy was I red. Then, after the Drs saw me, she asked, "Mommy, is your tushie all better?". From the mouths of babes. You can't keep anything from this kid, let me tell you.

P.S. please no questions about the exact problem. We'll just leave it at "feminine/pregnancy problems". OK?

On this night, we gave our pink bear a bath and put on his pj's and laid in bed with him and gave him milk until he was asleep.

All that hard work and Hannah got a boo-boo on her nose and needed a Dora bandaid.
Next day, we got out all of our favorite dolls and put on a show, then lined up all the small pieces to a toy on the TV stand.
If Mommy can't do any baby carrying, Hannah will do it herself. Two babies at one time is hard work. When Hannah got bundled up for the snow, she could barely move. It was funny to watch her waddle outside, but she was very excited to make "snow bunnies".
It was dark by the time they were ready to go out, but they still had a blast. Mommy stayed in and only stepped out to take 2 quick pictures - this was the only good one.

2 comments:

Nick and Libby said...

Hang in there, Jess!

Mary said...

Hope you're feeling better.