Wednesday, June 3, 2009

the scoop

Ok, here's the deal with Eva. We are going to try to schedule the c-section for Monday. However, I am keeping a close eye on Eva's movement every day. If I notice her slowing down significantly, we will head to L&D to get evaluated and she may arrive sooner. I am ok with whatever happens. That doesn't mean that I don't have my freak-out moments. I am not good with waiting or with not knowing when she will arrive. I would really hate to loose her before she's born, especially after making it this far, but I don't want to rush into delivering her now just out of fear either. Monday is best for us as far as scheduling goes with Dan and our families and our Doctor. So, that's what we are aiming for. If she needs to arrive sooner or if we loose her, we will live through that as well.

I will have someone post here and/or send an e-mail to the spouse's group so that everyone knows when we are heading in to the hospital.

Keep the prayers coming for my nerves and for Eva's strength. I would give anything to meet my little girl and look into her eyes even if just for a moment. I want her Daddy to get to hold her and feel her move. It's not fair that I've gotten to know her so well for these 35weeks and he may only have a moment. But, that's what I wish for - for him to get to feel her little body in his hands.

I'm hoping my next post will be full of photos from Hannah's birthday party and other happy events. Someone will update you all on Eva again on the day she is arriving.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I am praying for you during these days. I hope and pray you get to hold Eva and look into her eyes. These days were so hard for me, I certainly know those freak out moments. I know, however, when you see Eva, no matter what, it will all be okay. When we saw Charlotte we thought she was already gone and it was okay. Her spirit was so strong and we knew we would be blessed by her. It was a bonus that she did survive for so long. Everything is going to be fine.

Tara said...

We are praying. Please let us know if you all need anything. You are beautiful and strong! We will pray for God's will and that you are able to hold Baby Eva.

Sheri said...

All our love and prayers are with you. From one of your blog fans and Danny's cousin in France.