Monday, June 8, 2009

Scripture

Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you:
do not be dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Psalm 62: 5-8
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope come from him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Trust in him at all time, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

Nehemiah 8:10
Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

II Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight

Philippians 2:13
For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

3 comments:

Three Peas said...

What a comfort those words can be - God loves baby Eva as much as you. We are thinking of you always and praying for you and Eva.

Nick and Libby said...

Jess, thanks for sharing your story on youe website. You and your family have been in our prayers.

Jessica said...

So many of those were comforting to me when we found out that my son had spina bifida. Thank you for sharing them all!
-Jessica, jess71903 at car-seat.org