Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"I a doggy"

Last night Dan had a killer headache and went to lay down while Hannah and I played for a little while. When it was time to wake him up, I told Hannah to go give him a hug and kiss and tell him it was time to get up. She ran in the room and the dogs followed her. I kicked them out and she insisted that they needed to give "daddy kisses too". I told her no, they would give him kisses later. Well, she crawled up next to him, gave him a hug, then licked his cheek. That's right, LICKED his cheek. She was giving him doggy kisses since the dogs couldn't.

Pretending to be a dog is her new thing. Also, having others pretend to be dogs so she can tell them to "sit, lay, stay, etc". She also rewards them with treats for behaving and following commands. Luckily, I have escaped this torture so far, but Daddy and G (Dan's dad) have both had to endure this game of hers.

When Hannah is pretending to be a dog, she tells me "I a doggy". Oh, what fun the imagination stage is. Now if only I could get her to follow commands like a doggy. That would be a big help.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Olivia has been pretending to be a baby... she has reverted to gaga and waa.... It is sooo annoying... The dog thing sounds super cute....