Sunday, April 5, 2009

California

We are enjoying our week in California.  Dan's dad turned 60 yesterday and we through him a surprise bash.  It was wonderfully planned for over 6months and we can't believe that everyone held in the secret for so long.  Friday night we had a wonderful dinner and yesterday was a bus tour through wine country (no car seat on the bus!!! - talk about nervous mommy), including a stop at 2 vineyards and a picnic lunch at a nature and art preservation.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect!  I was not expecting so much walking, so I did get pretty exhausted quickly and with my irritable uterus had to sit out a couple of times to rest.  By the end of the LONG day I was bushed.  The house was full of family and friends and it was very difficult to just sit down.  All the up and down gave me several BH contractions, but Eva stayed active through it all, so I knew all was well.  By the end of the day, my lower back and pelvis KILL me, but that's normal for any pregnancy when you've already gained 20lbs and have to carry around a 30lb toddler.  

That's right, Hannah is already 30lbs!  Well, almost, but it's such a small margin, we just round up.  She's getting so big, she is in 3T clothes now - for height more than width.  It's tough to find the right pants.  Luckily, we are coming up on dress season.  Also, she only has 3lbs before we have to turn her forward facing full-time in her current car seats.  3years and 30lbs was my goal and we are almost there.  She may even make it to 4yrs if those 3lbs come on slowly.  I may turn her earlier though, since her body is finally catching up to her head.  What a big milestone that will be for us.  

Dan had to leave today and we will miss him very much.  Duty calls.  Hannah and I will stay until Thursday so that we can celebrate the first night of Passover with the family.  There are great parks here and wonderful outdoor shopping areas.  When it's just the girls, we relax a lot and play a lot and shop a lot.  I am looking forward to it.  We really wanted to swim, but it's not quite warm enough yet; the pool water is still freezing.  We haven't found any indoor pools, but are hunting for one.  I'll let you know if we make it to the pool.

I have tons of pics I have been meaning to post from home and from California, but I don't know how to do it here and they have Macs and I will not risk messing something up.  I will post several pics when we return home.  Hopefully that will catch everyone up.  

I will get back to mingling with family now.  See you all next week.

2 comments:

Mary said...

So glad you are enjoying yourselves! Have a safe trip home!

Nick and Libby said...

Great to hear you're having a good time. You deserve it!