Monday, April 13, 2009

Many things to update

We are home! We had a 16hr day on Thursday that stretched into early Friday morning. I woke Hannah up at 8am California time and we did not arrive home until 2am Ohio time. What a day! We flew stand by, so we missed the first few flights we tried to get on, then the 4th flight was a little late. Finally, the flight from DFW to Ohio was over 2hrs late! Fortunately, my dad met us at the airport and we got to visit for a couple of hours. Our flight finally took off a little after 10pm Central time, landed at 1:30am Ohio time. Hannah was in bed and asleep at 2:30am and slept until about 2pm the next day. I wasn't about to wake her up! She didn't sleep during our entire trip home on Thursday, so she needed the sleep. We are almost back on track with our sleep/nap schedule.

BIG NEWS!!! Dan made Cheif Resident! He has wanted to make Cheif since starting at the family practice program. He has worked really hard to earn the spot and we are so very proud of him. He will be sharing the position with Alison Himes, who has also worked hard to earn the position. Next year will be great with those too in the Cheif Resident position. Way to go, Dan!!

Also, more props to Dan for having the house clean when I returned home from California. That was a big surprise and a relief to have less to do this week. Thanks again, Dan! Then, on Saturday, I got to sleep in - almost until Hannah's nap time. After I got her settled for nap, I left the house for some ME time. I went shopping for regular groceries that we needed. I love the store when Hannah's not with me. Then I went on the hunt for new eyeglasses. That was a task and took forever, but I finally picked a pair. I just can't do contacts. I hate them. It's a nice idea, but my eyes get dry and the contacts move around and get blurry. What's the point if I can only see clearly half the time? I would rather just deal with glasses until I'm able to have Lasik eventually. I've had glasses this long, why change now? Oh well.

After having the day to myself, I returned home in time for bedtime and felt much more relaxed, rested, and ready to deal with home life again. Sunday was a great day filled with lots of family time and getting work done around the house. We had a nice dinner together and a nice evening of games and books and a relaxing bedtime. It was a great weekend!

Everything else is pretty much the same as it was before. I am still getting bigger and more uncomfortable by the day. It is worth it though, because I can see and feel Eva growing and getting more and more active. She lets me know she's doing well every single day by kicking me and rolling around. I can feel her up by my belly button now. She moving around more and more and taking full advantage of all the room she's got in there.

The only change so far has been that we have decided to stay with Dr. Papp and let her deliver Eva at Doctor's Hospital. If we don't stay with her, we would have to start all over with a brand new Dr and I don't want to do that. We would rather stay with her as we have been very pleased with the care she has provided and with her staff and the hospital staff. We will just pray for as peaceful of an experience as possible so that it's not too painful for me to return to the hospital after Eva arrives.

I will try to post pictures when I can. I really hate how long it takes to download photos here. I may just put it all on Snapfish and refer you all there to look at photos. If you just can't wait to see pictures of our trip, Dan has posted some on his Facebook page. If you are friends with him, pop over there and take a look.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats Dan!

Three Peas said...

congratulations to dan! and welcome home - we missed you :)