Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Defying the odds

We made it to 30 weeks! This is a huge accomplishment, as the Doctors and most research said that it was unlikely Eva would survive this long. I am so proud that we have made it this long. I say we, because not only am I proud that Eva has stayed strong this long, but I am also proud of myself for sticking it out. This has been a rough pregnancy from the start and even with all the struggles I've faced, I am more than happy to do it for my little girl. I am so happy I decided to carry her as long as she is here. This wasn't an easy decision, nor has it been easy to live this everyday, but it is so worth it. I know that I will look back on these days with happiness and I will feel lucky to have built these memories with Eva. I will always remember how low she likes to lay, how much she loves sugar (she kicks like crazy as soon as something sweet hits my lips), how she likes to stay up late and play while I'm trying to rest, and lately how much she likes to dance with her little feet on my cervix and bladder - what fun that has been! - causing Braxton Hicks contractions multiple times a day. If this were a "normal" pregnancy, I would be in and out of Labor & Delivery every day just making sure I wasn't in labor. This little girl definitely likes to keep me on my toes - just like her big sister.

Speaking of her big sister, Hannah is also sure that she has a baby in her belly. However, Hannah is carrying a baby monkey. She is protective of her baby monkey, just like any good mommy would be. One day, Dan did a raspberry on her tummy and she said, "NO ma'am! Don't do that, I have a baby in my belly!" She is so sweet. She likes to give Eva hugs and kisses and she tells everyone that Eva gave her a kiss on the cheek, too.

I will be back later to upload a sonogram picture of Eva. I need to figure out our new scanner, first, but be sure to check back to get a glimpse of our little one. The pictures from our 20week scan is the best one we have, so I have to post those. I will post the ones of her trying to put her foot in her mouth - just like her Mommy does on a regular basis.

3 comments:

Three Peas said...

I am SOO proud of you and baby Eva! What a testimony. God is really blessing you two. You both are in our prayers every night - Madeline likes to pray "for Jessica's baby in her belly."

Mary said...

You are an inspiration to all, Jessica. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Tara said...

Your strength is amazing. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your pregnancy with Eva. It has been a true testimony to a mothers love. We are praying-