Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hannah's new, new favorite bear

I'm sure those of you have or have ever had a toddler know that they become attached to different things at different times, for random reasons. Well, this past week, Hannah has become attached to this Beanie Baby bear that was given to her at birth by her great aunt Alisa. I also decided this week that I will be ordering one for Eva as well. Anyway, she has been taking this bear everywhere this week, sleeping with it, carrying it around the house, hiding it when she can't be with the bear (???), etc. After nap time today - which was sleepless again - she carried out of her crib and I saw her take it into my room and put it on the bed.

Fast forward a few hours and we have a few people from Homecare Hospice come by to talk about the possibility of Eva coming home and needing nursing care. During this meeting, Hannah became very needy and needed her baby bear. Dan and I both searched all over the house, in every hiding spot and under every piece of furniture. We try to give her the comfort she needs when she gets stressed about all the activities surrounding Eva lately - so we were willing to put our guests on hold and search for this little bear. NO luck! We manage to distract her with other things.

Fast forward again to bedtime. She is in her crib, laying down, all seems well, until she asks for baby bear again. The search continues. It dawned on me that she sometimes puts her little animals in the drawers of my jewelry armoire. I look in there, no; I look in my nightstand drawer, no; on a whim, I look in my bedside trash can, BINGO! There was the elusive Baby Bear. Hannah was very happy to have her companion for bed time afterall. She fell asleep quickly and hopefully her companion will keep her quiet throughout the night.

Her hiding places are getting better and better (for her) OR worse and worse (for us). She always keeps us on our toes. Always!

1 comment:

Three Peas said...

that is so cute! good hiding, hannah :)