Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Weekend

We had another great weekend!
Dan was home, well - except for Saturday morning. We love when he's home over the weekend. I get a few breaks here and there and Hannah listens to Dan a little better than she does me, so he's a big help when she's being defiant.

Saturday morning, Dan had to work a marathon but was home by nap time and we enjoyed a quiet day followed by going to see the new Wolverine movie! After the movie, we enjoyed ice cream at Dairy Queen. The perfect date! Thank you to Kelly for watching Hannah for us!

Hannah has been giving up nap time - she just sits and plays in her crib for 2 hours, then calls me with "Mommy, I all done napin!" I am NOT ready for her to give up naps, but at least she stays contained and quiet for a while. So, while at Kelly's house, she couldn't help but fall asleep on her couch for at least an hour before we got there to get her. She went back down easily once we made it home. We thought we were set, until about 1 or 2am (not sure the time because I was out of it) when Hannah called us into her room - I sent Dan in - and she told him "we need to go outside, it's such a beautiful day!" WHAT!? It's 2am, go to sleep! We both had to go back in and give her water and hugs and kisses, then she went back to sleep and was up at her usual time of about 9am. Not too bad for her after an exciting night with friends, a late nap, and a 2am wake up call.

Sundays are always my favorite days. Dan rarely works on Sundays, so I can count on nice quiet family days. If we are up on time and feeling well, Hannah and I eat breakfast together and go to Church while Dan sleeps in a little bit. Then we enjoy lunch and nap time together. Evenings are either filled with a family dinner, play time, or Bible Study for me (alone or with Hannah). This Sunday was both of us going to Bible Study so that Dan could "get some work done" - what ever that means.

Bible Study was intersting this time. There were 6 kids there, all 4 and under, so there was a lot of noise and chaos and not much actual "studying". We had a nice night of girl talk instead. We'll pick up on the Study next week.

Now Monday is here and we had a nice restful night, a normal wake up, breakfast, and we had planned on going to see the butterflies at the Conservatory with some new friends from my car seat board. Unfortunately, one of my friends 5 girls (that's right 5 girls!) is sick, so she called to reschedule. Just when I was getting bummed about the change of plans, another friend called to invite me for a mani and pedi today while her husband watches Hannah. OF course I want to!!! You don't have to ask me twice! Thanks Michelle! Now, we are heading out to the grocery store and then over to our friend's place for another great afternoon.

Who could ask for more?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi there, I have been thinking about you but thought I had uploaded your blog to follow but I hadn't! I thought you just hadn't been posting and just today noticed I never uploaded it. I am so glad you are still carrying on and making plans for Eva's arrival. I think it's a great idea to be very flexible with your birth plan and am also glad you met with a good doctor! I'll check back often! Love and prayers are with you.