Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christannukah Week

Well, tonight is the 5th night of Hanukkah and the only Christmas. We have had a great holiday so far. Hannah has not been short on presents AT ALL. Dan's mom came in town on Monday night. We had a good dinner together at Red Robin (we love that restaurant when Hannah is with us). Then, Tuesday morning, we went to work on the house. Hannah's room was first. We emptied out the drawers and closet, cleaned, moved furniture, sorted outgrown clothes into bins (with labels via my new label maker - thanks Sue!), sorted others into charity or consignment, then put everything back into the room in an orderly fashion. Wednesday, we hung up decorations in Hannah's room and continued the organizing/cleaning into Mommy and Daddy's room. We got rid of anything we don't wear much, or is worn out/out grown, cleaned (it really needed a good vacuuming), and reorganized. I feel SOOOOO much better about the house now. I feel the MIL helped me get it to a place that Dan and I can take over, finish, and keep up with the changes. Hannah's toys in the living room are even organized into bins (thanks again Emmy!) and we even cleaned out the ottoman. Now, even with the new toys Hannah got this week (and we still have 3 more nights to go), we have an organized and liveable living room. I may even be willing to host another play group now that the toys are more manageable.

Anyway, I will post pictures of Hannah's new big girl room soon and maybe even my own room when I get some things on the walls.

Thanks Emmy/Sue/MIL for everything you helped us with this week. We really enjoyed having you and really need the help to jump start the re-organizing of the bedrooms. I appreciate it very much, we all do. We miss our Emmy already. Hannah had a blast with you and is currently enjoying a game of Candy Land with Daddy while Mommy types on the blog.

See you very soon.....hopefully in California so we can escape the cold.

1 comment:

The Doctors Wife said...

Can you come do my house now?