Thursday, December 11, 2008

more fish drama

Well, Dan thought it would be a good idea to let Hannah hold onto the food jar while they fed the fish last night. Hannah thought is would be a good idea to pour the entire jar of food into the tank...it was a big jar and almost totally full. NOT good! So, we changed as much of the water as we could last night. You aren't supposed to change too much water at once because it shocks the fish environment and the balance of bacteria/ammonia/and other such gunk in the tank. So, I woke up this morning to a very cloudy tank and one dead fish. I'm sure it was the one that was trapped under the treasure chest. The shock was too much for him all in the same week. I was sure we would loose the others today as they were all at the top of tank gasping for clean water/air...whatever they were needing. I went to the fish store and bought a special filter and changed more of the water. The remaining fish seem to be doing better. I will keep changing 50% of the water until it looks clear in there again. I can only hope they survive. So, no more perfect fish record, we've had our first casualty. Hannah didn't even notice.

A couple of positive things from the last few days:

1) I finally found Hannah the desk I've been searching for. I had to drive to New Albany to get it, but it's in really good shape, stores tons of arts/crafts supplies, and she loves it!

2) I've been able to go out 4 times this week for some fun, only one time without Hannah, but still fun. She got sick Sunday night, so the rest of the week has been rough, but she's been a trooper and is getting better every day. Hopefully, she will be well by this weekend and we can have some more fun outings.

3) On Monday, she was drawing on her Magna Doodle and drew one very small dot/circle. She showed it to me and said "that's the baby in you belly". So cute! She gets it now. Of course, now she has a baby in her belly too.

No comments: