Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's a Christannukah Miracle!

That's what we call Christmas and Hannukah around the Clearfield house.
I have been noticing for the past few days that we were missing one of our "Birthday Fish". We bought Hannah 5 yellow fish for her birthday and have since added 2 black ones and one sucker fish. Anyway, I count them every day or so to make sure I don't need to fish out any dead ones. I finally went looking for the missing fish tonight, thinking he committed suicide by jumping into the filter, which these yellow fish seem to try quite often. Turns out he was stuck under the treasure chest. When he came floating out, he seemed pretty lifeless just laying on the bottom. I started to scoop him up with the net and he swam away, just barely. Then he lay on the bottom with labored breathing. I put food in the tank and......

HE'S ALIVE!!! He's swimming around like nothing ever happened. A few days stuck under a treasure chest barely phased him. What a survivor. So, we've had these fish for 6months and no casualties. Not bad for first time fish owners (well, unless you count childhood fish which I killed).

It was pretty funny. When I saw it laying there lifeless, I told Hannah the fish died and we had to flush him. Dan started to tell her about the fish dying and she could tell he was looking sad and she said "it's ok, Daddy". Then the fish started doing better, and she was clapping and jumping around. Such a happy day!

I guess I owe it to the guy to clean the tank now and give them some fresh water.

No comments: