Monday, March 2, 2009

Oh Hannah.....

Just to update from last night. Hannah only called me in one time last night so I let her pick out one book and she also talked me into a game, but we had a rough day and she was really good at Erin's house, so I think it's ok.

So tonight, she goes to bed easily again...for about 30min. Then I hear her start talking to herself...then I hear her build up "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy" louder and louder each time. I go in and she stands up with a mischievous grin on her face and holds up her fingers one by one as she says:
"I have a pee pee"
"I have a cough"
"My elbow hurts"
I say, "your elbow hurts?".
"AND, I have a pee pee AND I have cough"
I know this translates to, I need a new diaper, I need water, and Daddy needs to kiss my elbow.
So, we change diaper, while Hannah gives herself a little bath with a wipe (she also washes my arms). Then she asks for water. I bring her the purple cup that is waiting by her door and she says "no, pink water". Well, earlier in the night she chose the purple cup so I said "no, this is the only water for tonight". Ok, then she needs a kiss on the elbow. I go to kiss her and she says "no, Daddy kiss it". Well, Daddy went to sleep early for once so we are not disturbing him. She settles for my kisses then asks for several more drinks of water.

I finally had to threaten her with no story time tomorrow if she didn't lay down right then and not call me in again.

I haven't heard from her since. I hope she doesn't think she will get a treat every time she goes to bed. I'll just have to come up with a punishment system rather than a reward. She really is something else....

No comments: