Saturday, September 13, 2008

Funny dog story

For those of you who don't know our dogs, we have two; Lil' Lisa and Jimbo. Dan got Jimbo while we were engaged and I "adopted" him. After we were married, we got Lisa. Jimbo is a Beagle/Terrier mix, about 20lbs and Lisa is a Mini Dachshund, about 8lbs. Jimbo is older and usually the boss, but Lisa is very vocal and doesn't back down easily.

So, they ran out of their normal dog food and I didn't feel like taking a seperate trip to the pet store for their "special" food. I got a new kind of food from Target while I was there anyway. We get home tonight and poor the dogs some food. They immediately go after it. I leave the room to get Hannah ready for bed. I come back in the front of the house and all is quiet. I see Lisa laying in her bed, which is by the food. Jimbo is in the living room staring at her and whining. I look over and see that the food bowl is empty. I fill it up again and invite Jimbo to eat, thinking he is whining because he is still hungry. I go on my way and hear Lisa barking and growling in her mean bossy way and Jimbo is again whining....

She is keeping him from the food! Everytime he so much as gets within 3ft of the bowl, she attacks! Poor Jimbo is starving and is afraid of our little 8lb-er. What a wuss! I had to hold Lisa while Jimbo was allowed to eat. I guess I'll go to PetSmart tomorrow and get their normal food so they can co-exist peacefully again.

I swear I feel like I have 3 kids already; 4 if you count Dan on some days.

My favorite photo of all "the kids":
P.S. Lisa doesn't look quite as big without all that hair! She looks more like a drowned rat when wet. Jimbo really has nothing to be scared of. He could totally take her. He's just a big ol' whimp!