Saturday, September 6, 2008

We have Blood!

We started our day with an early wake-up (for us- 8am). Then we had a very nice woman come to help Mommy get the house ready for our new house guest. Then we headed off to a birthday party for our friend Lilah. She's 2! The party was great. Hannah was already tired when we headed to the party at 11, but Daddy met us there, and after some cake, Hannah got a second wind. I left a little early to get back to the house as Leslie was finishing up. I expected Dan and Hannah home shortly after, but they were having a blast at the park until well after 2pm! I'm so happy that Hannah was able to have a fun day with Daddy when we thought he was going to work all weekend without a break. Unfortunately, I have no pictures from the party yet. I'm sure I will get copies from friends soon. I'll be sure to add them to the post.

Mommy and Hannah both got a great nap and finished our day with a family dinner and lots of Elmo. After bath time, we were brushing Hannah's teeth and she slipped off of her stool and hit her mouth on the counter. She bit her tongue pretty good and mommy was worried. Just when I thought all was fine....We have blood! Lots of Blood!

Luckily, Dr. Daddy was there to save the night with a washcloth dipped in ice water, some Tylenol, and more Elmo in Mommy's and Daddy's bed. Here are the resulting pictures.



Now, more than one hour past our goal of a 9pm bedtime, she is sleeping soundly and I am going to join her shortly. I'm sure Dr. Daddy will be watching football well into the night.

1 comment:

Three Peas said...

poor hannah - brushing teeth is always a challenge around here.